Experienced Attorneys Handling Uber/Lyft Accident Claims
Uber and Lyft are two of the most popular rideshare platforms in the United States. Sometimes, Uber and Lyft drivers are involved in accidents and the damages to riders can be devastating. Incidents involving Uber and Lyft vehicles appear to be on the rise and can turn deadly.
If you have serious injuries following an accident while riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, you may be wondering if you can take legal action. The car accident attorneys at Bragoli & Associates will help you better understand the complicated legal process, advocate on your behalf, and provide experienced legal advice to help you get the compensation you deserve for your accident claim.
What Makes Uber/Lyft Accidents Different
Uber and Lyft require their drivers to have personal car insurance that meets or exceeds state minimums for liability coverage. Additionally, both Uber and Lyft must provide additional coverage for their drivers as a requirement in order to do business in the state. Minimums required of these companies varies depending on when the accident occurs:
- If the driver is not logged into the ridesharing app, the companies are not required to provide any coverage
- If the driver is logged in but has not yet accepted a ride request, the company will be limited in the amount of potential compensation that would be available if the driver causes an accident
- When a driver has accepted a passenger or is transporting a passenger, the driver’s own insurance policy and the ridesharing company’s insurance policy will provide coverage
- When the accident involves a collision with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, the ridesharing company’s policy will be used to provide compensation
- When the accident occurs in a corporate vehicle (for example, a taxi operating as a rideshare), minimum insurance policy coverage amounts may not apply
Regardless of the type of Uber or Lyft accident, our team of legal professionals can help by ensuring you are treated fairly and get the compensation you deserve. Serving all five boroughs and Long Island, our experienced legal team is here to help with your Uber/Lyft case.
Do Not Wait To Find Out What Your Case Is Worth
It is easy to receive a free case consultation by calling 631-490-4878 or by sending us an email. We’ll explain your options and work with you to make sure your case gets the respect it deserves.